Thursday, April 3, 2008

this week in pictures.....

Paradise found!!! Chris and I got to go for a night to Lake Las Vegas. It was just the escape that I needed. It was so beautiful out there (ok, so not quite the paradise you can find in Hawaii, but for a 30 minute drive from home, I'll take it!) Chris had to go to meetings since it was his firm's "partner retreat" but I had a chance to sit by the pool and read a book. Saturday morning I went for a long walk, had a little more pool time and then headed home to the kids. It was a great 24 hours!
OK, so I am not a big fan of pictures of myself but I have to post one occasionally so at least my mother will remember what I look like!!! Plus I scored a great deal on this skirt from Coldwater Creek for $25 on clearance! Love it!!!!
Did you ever wonder what it looks like when a swimming pool overflows???? Well, Chris got me up Monday morning and said, "I think there is something wrong with the pool...it is overflowing!" I ran out there and couldn't believe it. It took me a couple of minutes, but I found the auto-fill device and it was stuck in the "ON" position. I pulled up on it and the water stopped flowing. So, crisis overted (sp?). Thanks heavens we weren't out of town! Now for that lovely water bill!!! We really do try to be water conscious with our drought situation...but this was a little beyond our control. The water was up to the rim, but the water was flowing out of the auto-fill.
OH Gus! This dog is so funny! It never ceases to amaze me the positions he finds to sleep in. I can't figure out how it is more comfy having your head on hard tile and your bum on the pillow. I had to take a picture.

2 comments:

  1. Ok Sheli -- you are looking HOT! Lake Las Vegas....we're going to need to go there one of these years for a spa weekend -- ahhhh. Doesn't that sound delicious? Keep blogging. Love the pictures. One of these days I'm going to need to learn how to take good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!! I'm sooooooo glad to see that you have blog. Now I won't have to wonder what you are up too and how big your boys are getting. Great fun to see all of the pictures of your family and all of your latest adventures.

    ReplyDelete